Speech Language Pathology
The speech language pathologists at UPMC Hamot are licensed health care professionals who focus on improving communication, swallowing, and voice difficulties.
We provide outpatient evaluations and individualized speech therapy for people of all ages — from newborns to senior citizens — throughout the Erie region.
Speech and Communication Disorders We Treat
We provide outpatient services for conditions such as:
- Articulation/phonological disorders
- Central auditory processing disorders
- Expressive and receptive language delays
- Head injury
- Oral motor skills
- Voice disorders
Additional outpatient tests, treatments, and services include:
- Modified barium swallow/cookie swallow
- Augmentative and alternative communication devices
Expertise in Communication Disorders
Each speech language pathologist at UPMC Hamot holds a master’s degree in communication disorders and a Certification for Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
They are state licensed and members of the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
Together, UPMC Hamot’s speech pathologists have more than 50 years of experience in various clinical settings.
The speech language pathology team at UPMC Hamot
- M. J. Giacomelli, MA, CCC-SLP
- Stephanie Kerner, MA, CCC-SLP
- Jennifer Marshall, MA, CCC-SLP
- Marcie Sexton, MS, CCC-SLP
- Melinda Trocki, MA, CCC-SLP
- Diane Wisinski, MA, CCC-SLP