Giving to Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC
Improving a Life and Helping to Eliminate the Stigma
For more than 60 years, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC has provided world-class, evidenced-based research and treatment for individuals and their families living with psychiatric and addictive disorders.
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, in tandem with the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Psychiatry, continues to conduct and apply the outcomes of state-of-the art behavioral health research, teach and train new clinicians, and assess and provide clinical services in an academic setting for thousands of individuals who reside locally, nationally, and internationally.
Your contribution will make a difference — whether you have a business, or are a medical or academic professional, a family member, or a consumer of mental health services. Your gift will help us to improve the quality of life for:
- 10 percent of the population who are living with major depression (major depression is the second leading cause of death in the world)
- One in 150 children who will be diagnosed with autism
- 3 percent of the population living with bipolar disorder
- 3 percent who will likely be diagnosed with schizophrenia this year
- One million desperate people who are struggling with thoughts of suicide this year
Your gift will impact behavioral health services at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC and help thousands of individuals and their families — at every age in their lifespan — to lead productive and healthy lives.
We look forward to discussing the opportunities for giving and how they will affect behavioral health research and services at UPMC. Please mail your donation to, or contact:
- The Medical and Health Sciences Foundation at UPMC
Forbes Tower 8084
3600 Forbes Avenue at Meyran Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com