Emergency Services at UPMC Presbyterian
The Emergency Department at UPMC Presbyterian provides the best possible emergency care throughout the Pittsburgh region — no matter what time of day, or how complex the illness or injury.
Our 44-bed Emergency Department offers:
- Advanced approaches to treating nearly any health issue — from heart attacks and strokes to infections, injuries, and minor illnesses.
- Laboratory and imaging services that allow us to diagnose and treat these conditions, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A patient- and family-centered approach, aimed at keeping family members comfortable and in close communication with doctors and other emergency staff.
Advanced Stroke Care
As part of the UPMC Stroke Institute, the UPMC Presbyterian Emergency Department is certified by the Joint Commission as a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Our multidisciplinary team of emergency medicine and stroke experts:
- Uses advanced treatments to help prevent disabilities and restore physical and cognitive functions.
- Sees more than 1,500 stroke patients each year.
- Provides consultations for hundreds of others through the UPMC Stroke Telemedicine Program.