In cooperation with Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC, we provide you with state-of-the-art acute behavioral health services. Our treatment team includes a psychiatrist, behavioral health nurses, social workers, and other mental health professionals.
We provide support including group and individual therapy, sleep and relaxation periods, exercise, medication administration, and visitation with family and friends.
Our behavioral health unit is equipped with activity rooms, a dining area, a recreation yard with access to the outdoors, and much more.
Treatment and services include:
- Psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis
- Individualized treatment planning
- Individual and group therapy
- Family involvement or meetings
- Medication management and education
- Comprehensive discharge planning and education
- Physical assessment to determine chronic and acute medical needs
- 24-hour nursing and on-site medical support
- Structured activities
- Recreation therapy
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
Several options exist for patient referral to the behavioral health unit at UPMC Northwest:
- Patients and families should report to the UPMC Northwest Emergency Department for services.
- Patients already at other hospitals or emergency departments may request to be transferred to the behavioral health unit at UPMC Northwest.
- Primary care physicians, psychiatrists, or other medical or behavioral health professionals may inquire about services by calling 814-676-7700, or direct patients to the Emergency Department at UPMC Northwest.