A variety of support services are available to cancer survivors and their families, each designed to meet particular needs as they arise.
Individual Support is available through Magee’s oncology social workers and patient navigators to patients in need at any time during cancer diagnosis, treatment, or survivorship.
Individual and Family Support
Individual and Family Support provides women and their families with extensive expert services through Magee-Womens Hospital and UPMC Behavioral Health, including:
- Individual and family counseling
- Psychiatric consultations and assessments
- Psychiatric treatment
Peer Support Programs:
- Provide patients with support and guidance from other cancer survivors
- Are available for breast and ovarian cancer patients and involves pairing long-term survivors with current patients
- Have volunteers who receive special training to help them listen and communicate with sensitivity and care
Periodically, we may ask survivors to complete an assessment on their care or our educational programming as a way to direct future programs.
Providing feedback on what is most important as you move through your cancer journey is essential to developing programming that meets your specific needs.