Magee-Womens Heart Program
Am I at Risk for Heart Disease?
At the Magee-Womens Heart Program, part of the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, we know that women’s hearts are different from men’s, and that heart disease can cause different symptoms in both women and men.
We understand these differences and are dedicated to helping all of our patients overcome heart problems. Both women and men can be referred to the Magee-Womens Heart Program.
Knowing the facts about heart disease can prevent disability and even death. Regardless of your gender, a key to combating heart disease is early and accurate detection.
Our comprehensive diagnostic cardiology testing services help detect heart-related illnesses. The highly-trained physicians at the Magee-Womens Heart Program will then meet with you and interpret your test results.
Cardiac diagnostics can go a long way in helping to fight heart disease, but education is also a key to overcoming this problem.
The Magee-Womens Heart Program also focuses on patient education. The nurse manager, nuclear medicine technologist, registered nurse, echocardiographer, and medical assistants take time to discuss your concerns.
Our Cardiovascular Services
We offer risk assessments that evaluate your lifestyle, medical history, and family history.
Diagnostic cardiac services
We also offer diagnostic services, including:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Cardiac stress testing, including ultrasound, nuclear, and MRI modalities
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Coronary computed tomography (CT) scanning
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Electron beam computed tomography (EBCT) scanning/Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC) Scoring
- Holter and event monitors
- Pre-surgery cardiac clearance
Heart Condition Treatment
Certain treatment options may be given to you, such as:
- Lifestyle changes
- Medical management
- Catheter-based procedures, like angioplasty and stenting and valve replacement
- Open and minimally invasive heart surgery
We offer convenient cardiac care with both on-site cardiologists and cardiac testing services. Our team of physicians is available five days a week to meet with patients and interpret test results. If testing shows that invasive treatment is necessary, patients are referred to other UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute locations for treatment.
Magee-Womens Heart Program Physicians
- Kathryn L. Berlacher, MD — Medical Director
- Lydia Davis, MD
- Chelcie Costabile, DO
- Lindsay Mehring, DO
- Beth Piccione, MD
- Lan Nguyen, MD
- Ure Laura Mezu-Chukwu, MD
- Brittany Palmer, MD
- Timothy Wong, MD
- Shivdev Rao, MD
- Aryan Aiyer, MD