UPMC Sports Medicine’s staff of experts is skilled in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of dance-related injuries.
UPMC Sports Medicine physical therapists and athletic trainers are members of the Performing Arts Special Interest Group of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA). They are also active and contributing members of the Dance/USA medical taskforce committee.
Our experts can help improve and prolong your dance career through a dance-specific assessment, focused on flexibility, strength, balance, core stabilization, and functional movement.
- Evaluation and consultation of dance-related injuries
- Functional movement analysis
- Individual treatment and rehabilitation programs
Program Training Components
- Core stabilization and strength training
- Flexibility training
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Dance-specific training
- Functional movement assessment of daily activities and dance movement patterns through video analysis
- Full-service program addressing all aspects of dance performance
- Assessments for posture, muscle imbalance, total strength, core strength, and neuromuscular firing pattern
- Injury prevention programming
Dance-Specific Training Programs
In conjunction with UPMC Sports Medicine, our dance experts can develop dance-specific functional training programs that will enable you to return from injury to a high level of performance, in a meaningful and safe progression.