Laser Vision Correction (Refractive Surgery)
Imagine waking up and being able to see the alarm clock; playing tennis or skiing without glasses sliding down your face; being able to swim without the nuisance of glasses. All this is possible with laser vision correction.
How can Laser Vision Correction help?
We use lasers to sculpt the cornea, resulting in improved or unaided vision, which can reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses. Laser vision correction (refractive) procedures typically cause minimal discomfort and take only minutes. The entire outpatient appointment usually lasts about one hour.
Is Laser Vision Correction right for you?
Laser vision correction can affect the way you see for the rest of your life. You should make your decision carefully, not quickly. After a comprehensive evaluation, our physicians will be able to determine if you are a viable candidate or not. See a list of frequently asked questions.
The UPMC Eye Center Difference
- Longest running laser center in western Pennsylvania years of experience
- Personalized care
- Surgeon involvement from first visit and onwards
- Leading ophthalmology specialists
- Highly experienced team; registered nurses on staff
- The only surgeons in Pittsburgh invited to be part of the “Trusted LASIK Surgeons” network
- State of the art facility; offering advanced technology
- All inclusive bundled fees – no surprise costs
Pricing for procedures range from $1500 to $2450 per eye depending on your needs.
Discounts are available for UPMC and University of Pittsburgh employees and family members, police, firefighters, military, UPMC Health Plan members, and other local university students.
Refractive & Laser Surgery Center
The center is located at the Eye & Ear Institute in Oakland. Call the UPMC Eye Center Refractive & Laser Surgery Center today at 412-647-2917 to schedule your free evaluation, to meet our staff and surgeons, or for more information.