Our many levels of treatment, from inpatient hospital care to outpatient therapy, allow people to move from one level of support to another depending upon their individual needs and rates of recovery.
- Detoxification programs for adolescents and adults, both hospital-based and outpatient, help people who need medical management of withdrawal complications along with critical psychosocial support.
- Inpatient hospitalization for patients with addictions and co-occurring psychiatric disorders provides close monitoring and intensive individual, group, and family therapies, in addition to pharmacotherapy.
- Following discharge from the hospital, all patients are referred for ongoing care, usually to another of our programs.
- Residential rehabilitation helps people achieve a stable state from which to go on to a less intensive level of care.
- Partial hospitalization treatment offers a supportive environment of highly structured time four to five days per week for up to 20 hours per week. The program provides individual, family, and group therapies, and medication management.
- Intensive outpatient treatment for adolescents and adults provides programming three days per week, up to 10 hours per week, for people who are able to participate in work or school, but who also require the structure of a morning, afternoon, or evening program to promote recovery.
- Outpatient treatment for adolescents and adults offers individual, group, and family therapy, along with medication management. Those in need of maintenance therapy can return as needed for medications and supportive therapy.
- Maintenance treatments for opioid addiction, including an intensive outpatient program that helps people new to the maintenance treatment become engaged with and dedicated to the program.
- Programs for special populations (pregnant, addicted women; criminal offenders; adolescents with substance use and co-occurring psychiatric disorders)
- Prevention, training, and school-based education and intervention
- Counseling for adolescents and adults for driving under the influence
- Smoking cessation counseling
Our experts can help institutes and agencies develop or manage their own addiction medicine services. We can provide effective, research-based:
- Detoxification protocols
- Clinical protocols for treatment programs
- Protocols to facilitate continuity of care and enhance treatment compliance
- Clinical manuals on treatment approaches for therapists
- Recovery materials for patients and families
To arrange a consultation, call 412-624-1000 or toll-free 1-877-624-4100.
Addiction Medicine Services conducts quality initiatives in order to assess services and improve care. Our recent quality initiatives include:
- Examining the effects of addiction on the family and family involvement in treatment
- Understanding patient perceptions of challenges of recovery from an addiction
- Asking patients to rate use of interactive recovery workbooks in treatment
- Using motivational strategies to improve continuity of care among chronically addicted patients
- Integrating addiction interventions into medical settings