Warning Signs During Pregnancy
The chances are good that you will deliver a healthy baby if you do what your doctor tells you to do. However, there are some signs or symptoms that might mean problems for you or your baby. If you notice any of these signs, call your doctor right away:
- Bleeding from your vagina like you’re having your period with or without pain. This bleeding is heavier than spotting.
- A sudden increase in swelling in your face, hands, or ankles
- Constant, very bad headache
- Blurred or fuzzy vision
- Urinating smaller amounts than usual
- Pain or burning while urinating
- Chills, fever, or feeling sick
- Sharp or constant pain in your (abdomen) belly
- Any blow or injury to your lower belly, with or without pain
- Water coming from your vagina
- Fewer movements by your baby or a change in movements for more than 4 hours
There could be many reasons for these signs, but they may mean that there is a problem. Your doctor is prepared to help you. If you feel that something isn’t right, call your doctor right away.
Do not treat yourself
Do not try to treat yourself or use any over-the-counter medicines or “home remedies” without talking to your doctor.
If you have been injured
If you have fallen, been in a car accident, or have been injured in any way, call your doctor right away
. You and your baby may need to be watched to be sure there are no problems.