For emergencies, patient appointments, or general information, call 412-624-1000 or toll-free 1-877-624-4100.
Crisis support services for residents in Allegheny County, call re:solve Crisis Network.
re:solve Crisis Network
Directions & Parking
Oakland Parking Garages
Parking Information for Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- Use the O’Hara Street garage next to Western Psychiatric
- Exceptions: Use the courtesy rooftop parking for the following:
- Patient discharges/admissions
- ECT appointments
- Handicapped parking
Monday through Friday After 5 p.m. and During Weekend Visiting Hours:
- Use the courtesy rooftop parking lot. The driveway is located at Desoto Street at the University of Pittsburgh Peterson Event Center.
- Check-in with the rooftop attendant or call 412-246-6312.
- Obtain a visitor’s pass at the main lobby reception desk.
- When exiting the building at the rooftop, use the wall intercom to contact a staff member who will release the door.
Safety and Security at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
- Sign in and obtain a visitor’s pass at the front desk on the first floor.
- If you are entering the Diagnostic Evaluation Center (DEC/emergency suite), you will be asked to submit to a safety search. Officers scan all individuals with handheld metal detectors. You will be asked to empty your pockets and staff will check your purse, backpack, briefcase or other bags. Officers will secure items as needed and provide a receipt for all belongings.
- If you want an escort to the parking lot, please call 412-246-9742.
- Turn in or retrieve lost and found articles at the cashier’s office on the first floor or call 412-246-5051.
- To identrify an employee, look for a photo ID badge. All staff wear a badge that includes name and department.
General Safety Tips
- Be aware of your environment.
- Avoid alleys and unfamiliar side streets.
- Carry only items you need for the visit.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Lock valuables in the trunk or leave them at home.