UPMC Shadyside is dedicated to improving the quality of life and state of health of the residents of Pittsburgh and the tristate area. By providing a continuum of high-quality primary and specialized medical care, UPMC Shadyside works closely with physicians and other health care organizations to continue its tradition of innovation, caring, and respect for the dignity and unique needs of the individual.
UPMC Shadyside supports excellence in its patient care and teaching programs, state-of-the-art medical technology, and research.
UPMC Shadyside offers affordable, cost-effective, convenient, and accessible care regardless of ability to pay.
To build on a tradition of innovation and caring by developing a broad continuum of high-quality, cost-effective health services for the community.
The shared values of UPMC Shadyside serve as the foundation for continuing efforts to achieve the UPMC Shadyside vision. Our values guide and direct our behaviors so that we maintain internal consistency in our decision making, achieve clarity in our daily work, and fulfill our mission.
The values we have identified as important to our overall success are:
- Compassion — We have the ability to place ourselves in the position of others to better recognize their needs and care for them as we would wish to receive care.
- Integrity — We can function best if we have earned the respect of our co-workers, patients, and their families.
- Courage — We have the confidence to express ourselves honestly when others disagree and proceed to overcome challenges.
- Initiative — We are individually responsible for our collective success.
- Teamwork — We succeed because of the contributions
of many people.
- Partnership — Working with physicians, health care organizations, and community agencies, we seek to improve the health of our community.
We continuously strive to do things better, comparing ourselves against providers locally and nationally to establish high quality.
We value innovation.