UPMC Shadyside 10-Year Master Plan
Below is an archive of information for the community regarding the UPMC Shadyside 10-year Master Plan.
Shadyside Master Plan Presentation at Pittsburgh City Council Hearing,
October 9, 2012.
- UPMC Shadyside 10-year Master Plan (Updated May 31, 2012)
- UPMC Shadyside 10-year Master Plan (Updated May 15, 2012)
- UPMC Shadyside 10-year Master Plan (Updated March 2012)
- UPMC Shadyside 10-year Master Plan (January 2012)
- Master Plan Traffic, Parking, and Pedestrian Study, January 2012
- Master Plan Traffic, Parking, and Pedestrian Study with Technical Appendix, January 2012
Important Community Information - Boring Locations
In preparation for the Shadyside Hospital Campus Master-Plan process (city staff meetings, City Planning Commission meetings etc.), UPMC needs to do some investigation work, on both the proposed Center for Innovative Science Building (CIS) (old Ford Motor Company Building) and Luna site, to assess the bearing capacity of the properties for any future development.
This information will ultimately be used by the project design team to ensure appropriate engineering, when it is determined the exact type of structure to be constructed at each location.
Below are the boring locations that have been recommended for evaluation. You will note the majority of both sites are being analyzed. Although weather dependent, we hope to begin the CIS investigative work in mid-February 2012 and be completed by early March. The Luna site work will then follow and finish later in March. Work will be done between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Relative to permitting, UPMC’s contractor will go through the typical “PA One Call” notification process for utility identification.
No city permitting is required.