UPMC Passavant Gastrointestinal Services
Gastrointestinal (GI) Center
Completed in 2012, the UPMC Passavant GI Center was designed to be the best in the region in patient-centered care, patient satisfaction, state-of-the-art services, equipment and technology, and excellence in patient safety and quality outcomes.
The center includes:
26 private, comfortable rooms, used for both pre-procedure and recovery
- Eight procedure rooms
A spacious, comfortable waiting area for family members
Two nursing stations and a computerized patient tracking system help physicians quickly determine the status and location of each patient. The new design even makes cleaning and disinfecting the scopes utilized in the procedures more efficient.
GI Services at the Center
- BARRX procedure that destroys pre-cancerous cells in the esophagus with radio frequency ablation
- Bravo esophageal pH test for evaluation and treatment of acid reflux disease
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophageal manometry
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Navigational bronchoscopy
- Single balloon enteroscopy for direct visual inspection of the small bowel
For a referral to the UPMC Passavant GI Center, contact your gastroenterologist or your primary care physician. To locate a gastroenterologist, visit the UPMC Find a Doctor page.