Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine at UPMC Northwest
UPMC Northwest provides a complete range of orthopaedic treatments and services for people suffering from:
- Joint problems
- Foot and ankle problems
- Trauma to the spine, legs, arms, or neck
- Hand, shoulder, or elbow injuries
We offer a Saturday morning sports injury clinic from August through November for all local high school athletes with sports-related injuries, including:
- Pulled muscles
- Dislocations or broken bones
Athletic trainers can send their injured athletes to the clinic, located at the hospital, for evaluation and initial treatment, including further recommendations and follow-up.
Our goal is to ensure that communication regarding the needs of the athletes takes place among doctors, physician assistants, parents, coaches, and athletic trainers in a timely, efficient manner.
In addition to the highly skilled staff, benefits of the sports medicine program at UPMC Northwest include:
- Advanced MRI, CT, and x-ray capabilities
- State-of-the-art technology and instrumentation for minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery
- Access to UPMC Center for Sports Medicine in Pittsburgh for consultations/referrals