Visitor Information for UPMC Northwest
The visiting hours for UPMC Northwest are as follows:
- Adult – 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pediatric and adolescent – 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Obstetrics/nursery – 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- ICU/CCU – (Immediate family only) Every two hours on the even hours for 15 minutes, except at 8 a.m.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This rule applies in all rooms, lobbies, corridors, public restrooms, and the cafeteria.
What to bring/ What not to bring
- Flowers are permitted in patient rooms, including the Intensive Care Unit.
- Latex balloons are not permitted. Mylar balloons are OK.
- Please check with the nurse before offering a patient anything to eat or drink.
To prevent infection
- People who are coughing, sneezing, or ill must not visit.
- Visitors are asked to cover coughs or sneezes with their arm.
- All visitors should wash their hands upon entering and leaving patient rooms.
- When isolation is called for, visitors must take all isolation precautions as the physician or nurse directs.
- Please do not use patient restrooms unless the patient is assigned a private room and gives consent.
Sometimes we must ask visitors to leave
Visitors may be required to leave the patient’s room if:
- The patient is being examined by a doctor or nurse
- The patient’s condition has changed so that he or she needs to be seen by a doctor or nurse
- The patient or clinician has asked to be left alone