UPMC Mercy Burn Center
As a comprehensive ABA (American Burn Association)
-verified burn center, the UPMC Mercy Burn Center in Pittsburgh, Pa., has been a leader in providing comprehensive, quality care for victims of severe burn injuries. Established in 1967, the center was the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and one of the first in the United States.
Our center utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to provide the highest-quality burn care, bringing together experts in plastic surgery, wound care, rehabilitation, and emotional support to help patients with burns and their families.
What makes our center one of best in the nation is the highly specialized services offered that are designed to reunite patients with their families sooner, while allowing them to heal at home, including:
- State-of-the-art wound care therapies
- The region’s first outpatient services program for burn patients available 365 days a year
- Services that allow burn patients to return to the hospital for daily hydrotherapy, dressing changes, nutritional counseling, and physical and occupational therapies
- The Enchanted Forest, a child life activity area specially designed for pediatric burn patients
- Learn more about our burn services >>