When you have a wound, the UPMC Hamot Wound Care Center can provide you with the comprehensive care required to heal your wound.
We provide you with immediate and onsite access to:
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Wound care
- Other medical personnel
We specialize in the difficult to heal wounds, even wounds that have failed treatment elsewhere.
What is a chronic wound?
A chronic wound is any injury to the skin that does not heal. Typically, these wounds result from poor circulation, sustained pressure, or infection and /or chronic diseases.
The UPMC Hamot Wound Care Center’s services include:
- Advanced reconstructive and limb salvage techniques
- Diabetes education
- Growth factor therapy
- Nutritional consultation
- Onsite radiology
- Onsite vascular testing
- Skin grafts
- Specialized bracing and shoe fitting
- Total contact casting
- Treatment of new and chronic wounds
- Whirlpool and other physical therapy agents
The UPMC Hamot Wound Care Center Team
- Certified wound care nurses
- Infectious disease physicians
- Plastic surgeons
- Podiatric surgeons
- Vascular surgeon
- Wound care certified emergency medicine physician