Wound Healing Services
When you have a chronic nonhealing wound, UPMC Wound Healing Services at UPMC Hamot can provide you with the comprehensive care required to treat your wound.
We specialize in difficult-to-heal wounds, even wounds that have failed treatment elsewhere.
What is a chronic wound?
A chronic wound is any injury to the skin that does not heal. Typically, these wounds result from poor circulation, sustained pressure, infection, and/or chronic diseases. If after four weeks your wound has not healed by at least 50 percent, or if after 12 weeks it has not completely healed, our experts may be able to help.
UPMC Wound Healing Services at UPMC Hamot offers:
- Advanced reconstructive and limb salvage techniques
- Diabetes education
- Growth factor therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nutritional consultation
- Onsite radiology
- Onsite vascular testing
- Skin grafts
- Specialized bracing and shoe fitting
- Total contact casting
- Treatment of new and chronic wounds
- Whirlpool and other physical therapy agents
The UPMC Wound Healing Services and Hyperbaric Medicine at UPMC Hamot Team
- Certified wound care nurses
- Infectious disease physicians
- Plastic surgeons
- Podiatric surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Wound care certified emergency medicine physicians
Marc Mancinelli, DO, FACCWS
Emergency and Hyperbaric Medicine
Learn More About Our Program