General Surgery at UPMC Hamot
The Division of General Surgery at UPMC Hamot offers comprehensive and experienced surgical care as well as dedication to the advancement of the field. Our surgical team is continuously training in minimally invasive surgery techniques and robotic surgery.
UPMC Hamot is the only hospital in the Erie region to offer 24/7 coverage for general and trauma surgery, and is a Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation – accredited Level II Trauma Center.
General Surgery Services
General surgical services at UPMC Hamot include evaluation and surgical management of various health conditions, including:
- Diseases of the breast
- Diseases of the endocrine system
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Diseases of the skin
Specialized Minimally Invasive Procedures
Our surgeons provide specialized surgical techniques right here in Erie:
- Single-site gallbladder removal is a revolutionary technique, aided by robotic technology, that allows the gallbladder to be removed through the bellybutton without leaving any scars.
- Laparoscopic Nissen is a special procedure for those suffering from constant acid reflux.
- Heller myotomy is another procedure available to stop persistent acid reflux.