Our team works with patient care activities that involve the adult and geriatric patient with coronary heart disease.
We offer a variety of services that include:
- Education for patients after a heart attack
- Pre- and post-procedure education for cardiac procedures
- Heart failure risk-factor identification
- Lifestyle modification
We also provide exercises and discharge instructions to patients who are recovering from:
- A heart attack
- A cardiac procedure (bypass or valve-replacement surgery)
- Pacemaker or defibrillator procedure
For more information, contact Lorrie Szablewski, RN, BSN, at 814-877-2036.
Strong Hearts Support Group:
This group is led by cardiac nurses and is for people who are living with heart failure. Family members and friends are also welcome to attend these group sessions. Guest speakers are invited to each meeting and provide information on how to live a healthier life. Refreshments provided.
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 3:00 p.m. at the Heart Institute at UPMC Hamot, 120 East 2nd Street.
For more information on these meetings, contact Lynn Durst, RN, BSN, at 814-877-6724.