Teleconsult Center at UPMC Bedford Memorial
UPMC Teleconsult Centers are a new model of care, bringing specialty physicians close to home by utilizing state-of-the-art video conference technology.
When a specialist is not available in Bedford County, the UPMC Teleconsult Center brings the expert close to home, saving you the trouble of traveling to Pittsburgh.
How It Works
Using HIPAA-secure teleconferencing technology and dedicated on-site staff, UPMC Teleconsult Centers connect you directly to specialists in Pittsburgh.
You and the expert physician can see and hear each other during your consultation, and medical staff at your location can perform an exam and share their findings in real time with the expert physician.
Important Note: Please contact your doctor for a referral to the Teleconsult Center.
Specialties available at this location include:
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Diabetes Management
- Endocrine Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Diabetes Education
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
- Pediatric Preventative Cardiology Clinic
- Plastic Surgery: Surgery of the Hand
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Surgial Oncology: Breast Evaluation
- Voice Therapy
- Other specialties as needed