Health Services Division (HSD) Summer Residency Program
The UPMC Health Services Division (HSD) Summer Residency is a 500-hour, paid internship, starting in mid-May. Summer Residents will have a unique opportunity to learn and contribute to the UPMC Health Services Division, while pursuing their health care career interests.
Summer Residents will gain practical health care management experience in various departments and practices throughout the HSD. Current HSD Administrative Fellows and Fellowship Directors will provide important mentorship to summer residents throughout the program.
About the Summer Residency Program
The HSD Summer Residency Program will offer opportunities to:
- Gain broad exposure to various aspects of HSD
- Better understand the role of HSD — as it relates to various divisions within UPMC including hospital
and physician services — and improve knowledge of the structure of a fully integrated academic medical center
- Strengthen health care experience through work on various projects
- Observe executive-level meetings
- Mentorship from current fellows in the HSD Fellowship Program
- Improve management, leadership, communication, networking, and analytical skills
Each resident will be assigned to a preceptor at the executive administrative level or above and be exposed to different areas within HSD that lie outside the immediate department assignment. Upon successful completion of the summer residency, participants will be encouraged to apply to the post-graduate Health Services Division Fellowship.
- Students must be pursuing an MBA, MHA, MPH, or equivalent master-level degree from an accredited program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and being a hardworking, conscientious, and self-motivated individual are required
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities
How to Apply for the 2018 HSD Summer Residency Program
Please check back in fall 2017 for information regarding applying for the HSD Summer 2018 Residency Program.
For any questions related to the application process or the residency please contact email@example.com or any of the current administrative fellows.