How to Apply for an Administrative Fellowship
Interested applicants, prior to starting the fellowship program, must have a master's degree* in:
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Health Administration (MHA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Or other related master's degree program
Candidates must also possess excellent analytic and communication skills, and should be motivated and self-starting.
*Candidates finishing master's degree programs requiring an administrative residency after completing classroom curriculum are eligible to apply. Accepted candidates are required to complete both years of the administrative fellowship program.
Please follow the directions below to apply to:
- UPMC Health Services Division Fellowship – Allegheny County (UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside)
- UPMC Health Services Division Fellowship – Blair County (UPMC Altoona)
- UPMC Health Services Division Fellowship – Lycoming County (UPMC Susquehanna)
- UPMC Insurance Services Division Fellowship
- UPMC International Services Division Fellowship
- UPMC Enterprises Fellowship
Please note: UPMC Health Services Division – Erie County, UPMC Hamot is not accepting applications at this time and will be accepting applications in Fall 2017.
The UPMC Administrative Fellowship application consists of two parts. Applicants must complete both steps to formally apply to the program:
1. Please submit the following application materials in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Administrative Fellowship Application Checklist (download the PDF)
- Personal Statement (two page limit):
- Describe how an Administrative Fellowship at UPMC aligns with your professional career goals. If you are applying to more than one UPMC Administrative Fellowship program, briefly describe your interest in each program.
- Discuss your first work experience (college or earlier) and describe the valuable skills it gave you.
- Provide a brief summary of hobbies and personal interests.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Official or unofficial graduate transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional, one from graduate program director or professor)
2. Please complete and submit the UPMC Careers application - You must fill out an application for each program you are applying for:
All Applications are due by October 3, 2016.
UPMC is a proud member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and will be following their uniform timeline of events.