Finance Management Rotation (FMR) Program
The Finance Management Rotation Program is a leadership development program for recent graduates with a passion for finance and accounting.
Over the course of two years, FMRs rotate through four different divisions of the organization in order to gain an understanding of both financial and operational insight. The program is designed to provide accelerated exposure to corporate and healthcare finance while developing dynamic financial leaders.
After the program ends, FMRs are prepared to move into senior level roles within the organization.
- Earn a full-time salary with full-time benefits.
- Rotate into a new experience every six months.
- Network with UPMC executives, including Robert DeMichiei, UPMC’s Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Gain service and leadership experience by participating in various committees.
- Interview with a variety of departments for post-program high-level positions.
- Build life-long friendships with peers, managers, and executives.
- Enterprise Accounting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Insurance Services
- Internal Audit
- Provider Services
- Revenue Cycle
- Graduation date of May 2014, August 2014, January 2015, or May 2015
- Major in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 3.2 cumulative GPA required, 3.4 cumulative and major GPA strongly preferred
- Familiarity with data analytic and business intelligence tools is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities.
“Sound finance is a strategic pillar of our organization. FMRs, working under the guidance of seasoned finance professionals and collaborating directly with management across all of our businesses, provide support, governance, and insight to our businesses…they impact our strategic initiatives while protecting the financial integrity of UPMC. Our FMR program is a great place to launch a career – doing work that matters.”
- Dean Owrey, Chief Financial Officer, ICSD & ISD, FMR Program Executive Sponsor
“Due to the constantly changing nature of healthcare finance, participating in a rotation program truly makes our FMRs some of the most sought after financial leaders both within UPMC and across the healthcare industry.”
- Stacy Splitstone, UPMC Corporate Controller, FMR Program Executive Sponsor
A Day in the Life of an FMR - Lauryn
“Throughout my two years in the program I will have the chance to rotate through four different divisions of UPMC, which will grant me exposure to the various facets of health care financing. From there, I will have a better idea of which division is the best fit for me. Additionally, the ability to understand all pieces of the increasingly complex and intertwined health care puzzle will prove beneficial throughout my career.”
Read more stories like Lauryn’s by visiting the FMR blog.