Summary of Benefits
At UPMC, we believe a world-class health system should offer valuable and flexible benefits programs to its employees. Our generous reward packages are designed to provide personal financial security, health, and wellness to you and your family. With UPMC, you would have the comfort and protection of
- Access to an affordable, broad, and comprehensive network of physicians and medical facilities
- Savings and pension plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Short- and long-term disability protection
- Employer-provided life insurance with the ability to purchase additional coverage for you and your dependents
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents
- Voluntary programs, perks, and discounts
We try to go above and beyond to safeguard your and your family’s health and financial well-being so you can reach your personal goals.
UPMC benefits include:
- Medical insurance, including prescription and vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Disability coverage
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Supplemental life insurance for employee
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for employee
- Supplemental life insurance for employee's spouse and children
- Cash balance plan
- Savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Tuition assistance for employees, their spouses, and eligible dependents
- Adoption assistance
Eligibility for Benefits
Most benefits are effective the first of the month following the date of hire. Staffing classification, such as full-time or part-time, and work location determine eligibility and availability of the plans in which you can participate. Staff covered by collective bargaining agreements and some physicians may not be covered by all the benefits listed here. Some benefits are not available at all UPMC locations. Check with your Human Resources representative for specific details.
UPMC Mercy Benefits
The mission, ethics and spiritual care at UPMC Mercy is founded on the beliefs that all persons live in relationship to self, to God, and to others. Please be aware that, as a Catholic health care organization, UPMC Mercy employees are covered by Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. All benefit plans have been designed to comply with these directives. Due to these beliefs, outlined below are the differences that a UPMC Mercy employee would experience with their benefits.
- Contraceptives (except for authorized medical reasons), voluntary sterilization and abortions are excluded from coverage (including flexible spending accounts) for all Mercy staff and their covered dependents regardless of where services are performed.
- Staff are responsible for the full cost of any services obtained that are excluded from UPMC Mercy’s coverage. .
- The definition of an eligible dependent does not include domestic partners or same-sex spouses.
Please note: the Affordable Care Act requires that contraceptive coverage be provided to all employees covered by employer group plans, including UPMC Mercy and their family members enrolled in the UPMC medical plan as of January 1, 2014 and later. Please contact UPMC Health Plan if you are interested in coverage for contraceptive services at no cost to you.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer