UPMC Staying-At-Home Program
The UPMC Staying-At-Home Program is a client-centered care coordination program is offered to older adults who live in their own home, an assisted living facility, or in a retirement community.
The program utilizes a proactive preventive approach to geriatric care, which provides optimal care for all clients, regardless of health or debility.
The Staying-At-Home program offers two levels of care each for a monthly fee.
The Staying-At-Home Program:
Our program develops a care plan based on client’s strengths, interests, abilities, and capabilities. We strive to focus on "what matters to the client" while providing support and peace of mind to the family member in assisting the client to live independently for as long as possible.
Benefits Of Client-Centered Coordinated Care
The care coordinator ensures a consistent single plan of care that meets the physical and phycho-social needs of the client. Our specialized plan addresses the well-being, functionality, household maintenance, and social needs of each individual.
Improved outcomes for the client may include:
- Reduced hospitalizations and fewer emergency room visits
- Increased adherence with physician office visits
- Smoother transition back to home from a hospital or a nursing facility
- Delayed placement in an assisted living or a nursing facility
- Enjoyment of quality time with the family member