Supporting Pathology Research
Help the pathologists at UPMC discover new treatments — and help people live healthier lives — by making a tax-deductible donation to pathology research.
The Power to Help Life-Changing Research
Every day, our pathology researchers are making discoveries that affect diagnosis and treatment.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other organizations award funds to many of our researchers to support their scientific work. But, unfortunately, these funds are often limited.
Financial cuts and the rising costs of laboratory supplies, along with the costs of hiring and retaining laboratory personnel, make it difficult to fund this life-saving research.
Your tax-deductible financial contribution can help support the pathology research fund at UPMC.
Every Little Bit Helps
Our research requires the use of numerous types of laboratory equipment and supplies.
Even a modest contribution can help us purchase these items that allow us to continue performing the research that may, someday, lead to faster diagnoses, better treatments, and even cures.
- Just $20 can help us purchase protective gloves and eyewear or the reagents needed to isolate protein and DNA from tissue samples.
- A contribution of $50 supplies us with test tubes, pipettes, lab coats, and scalpel blades.
Gifts of Remembrance
Friends and family of a deceased loved one often honor their memory by sending flowers. While this is a thoughtful gesture, there is a more meaningful way to create a tribute to a deceased loved one, while offering hope to those that need it the most.
By supporting research at the UPMC Department of Pathology, you are helping us discover new ways to help those who are ill.
You can do this by simply requesting memorial research donations in lieu of flowers. Most people understand this type of request and are reassured to know that their donation will help many others while honoring a loved one.
Ways we accept tax-deductible memorial research donations:
- Online — In the printed obituary, please ask friends and family to donate at www.upmc.com/give.
- By personal check payable to UPMC/Pathology — On the memo line, write the name of the person whose memory you are honoring with your donation.
Mail your check to:
Medical and Health Sciences Foundation
Attn: Gift Processing
Forbes Tower, Suite 8084
3600 Forbes Avenue and Meyran Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- By telephone — Call the Medical and Health Sciences Foundation at 412-647-3048 and we can charge your gift to any major credit card.
- Donate by planned giving — Gifts of retirement assets, charitable remainder trusts, or bequests, are excellent way to honor the memory of a loved one while ensuring that your legacy contributes to the greater good.
To learn about giving to research at UPMC, visit the Medical Health Sciences Foundation online or call our Director of Development, Gary Dubin, at 412-647-9113 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your support is important and every little bit helps.
By making a tax-deductible contribution to the research efforts of the UPMC Department of Pathology, you are directly influencing the future of health care — and, in the process, changing peoples' lives for the better.
» Make a secure donation to pathology research now.