Services at the UPMC Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
Individualized Treatments to Improve Your Quality of Life
We understand that inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) affects people differently.
At the UPMC Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, we translate laboratory research findings into patient-focused therapies that:
- Address your individual health care needs
- Provide you with the greatest comfort possible
We have found that collaborative research and care lead to better outcomes and improved quality of life, such as:
- Reduced impact of IBD symptoms on daily life
- Fewer IBD complications, including disability
- Decreased hospitalizations and surgeries
- Lower susceptibility to cancer
Specialized IBD Services
We also take a multidisciplinary approach with comprehensive primary care and partner with a variety of specialties to supplement your individualized treatment at the IBD Center.
- Specialized care addressing reproductive issues for females and pregnant women with IBD.
- Coordinated dermatologic care for skin diseases associated with IBD or other gastrointestinal conditions.
|Visceral Inflammation and Pain
- Behavioral health services to help cope with the physical and emotional challenges of IBD.
- Innovative surveillance program for people with IBD, who are at a higher risk of developing colon cancer.
Transition of Pediatric Care
- Collaborative care for young people with IBD as they enter adulthood.
- A nutritional support program to help your digestive system heal after treatment or surgery.
- One of the world's top programs in performing intestinal and small bowel transplants.