Bariatric Surgery Support Groups at
UPMC St. Margaret
UPMC St. Margaret is committed to your successful weight loss and management. As part of this commitment, we offer a monthly support group for those considering, or those who have already had, weight loss surgery.
Led by our team of experts, our bariatric surgery support group offers:
- Education about bariatric surgical procedures
- Guidelines for nutrition including 3-6 month preoperative classes designed to prepare patients for bariatric surgery as well as integrate the necessary lifestyle changes
- Recommendations for exercise
- Appointments with exercise physiologists pre- and postoperatively as needed
- Regular bariatric surgery support groups to assist patients with the psychological and emotional issues associated with obesity and weight loss
Additional weight management (non-surgical) support resources offered through UPMC St. Margaret include the following:
- One-on-one meetings with bariatric physicians to discuss non-surgical treatment options
- Dietitian and exercise physiology support services offered in groups and individually
Bariatric Surgery Support Group Sessions
All sessions are free and are held at UPMC St. Margaret, Conference Room A, on the first Wednesday of the month, unless otherwise noted, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Reservations are not required. For more information, call 412-641-3632.
||Body Contouring Challenges:|